Painting by Danny Garcia (1929 - 2012). Danny Garcia grew up in Monterey, California and began painting as a child. At 13 Danny took his first instructions in oils, under John Cunningham. He studied a full range of art, from realism to abstract impressionism and discovered his direction as a “colorist.” Mr. Garcia started his Garcia Gallery with his wife Carmen in the 1950s as a one-room operation in Carmel and later expanded to include full gallery locations on Dolores Street and a second location on Ocean Avenue. His 6,000 impressionist paintings have been acquired by collectors worldwide.Two years of combat service on a Navy destroyer during the Korean War left an imprint on his renderings of landscapes and urban scenes. He studied art and architecture at Monterey Peninsula College, and his work ranges in style from realism to abstraction. Msgr. Edward Varni commissioned Mr. Garcia to paint the "Stations of the Cross" for the Chapel of the Most Precious Blood in Concord, and the Rev. Jeremiah O'Sullivan commissioned Garcia to paint "The Crucifixion" for the alter of Saint Jude's Church in Marina. His paintings are in the permanent collections of the Kaiser Center Art Gallery in Oakland, the Museum of Art in Monroe, La., and the Museum of Natural History and Art in Holyoke, Mass. Notable past private collectors who have acquired his work include Princess Margaret, Greer Garson and Frank Sinatra. His style is abstraction and realism. His subjects are shorelines, coastal views, landscape, marine, religious, and mysticism.
35" wide X 23.5" tall
89 cm X 59.5 cm
41.5" wide X 29.5" tall (framed)
105.5 cm X 75 cm
[SOLD. Please inquire, as we may have similar works in stock.]